The Me Tab allows you to track your progress in the app for the following:
- Checklist item completions
- The number of steps and medications taken for the week
- Blood sugar levels (only if you are enrolled in the relevant program)
- Delivery date or procedure information (only if you are enrolled in the relevant program)
- Step Tracking Progress
NOTE: Instructions have been moved to the Chat Window! (Link to Chat Article)
Circle Indicator Guide:
- Full Gray Circle - You did not have any reminders/tasks due that day
- Full Gray Circle with X - You did have medications to take that day, but you did not mark them as taken
- Partial Gray - Percentage of reminders/tasks that have not been completed for that day
- Partial Blue - Percentage of reminders/tasks that have been completed for that day
- Green Circle with a Check Mark - 100% of your reminders/tasks have been completed for that day
Checklist Completion and Medications Taken
Checklist Completion, and Medications Taken will display your progress for the current day, and the previous 6 days.
You’ll be able to view your progress towards your daily step goal. The graph shows you:
- Your steps for the present day and the last 6 days
- Your total average for the last 7 days
- Your step total for the last 7 days in miles
NOTE: If you have not yet configured your Step Tracking, you will not see the graph, but instead a box offering you the chance to set this up (see the image below).
To configure Step Tracking, click on “Enable Step Tracking” and follow the prompts to configure.
Once this is complete, the view will change to begin showing the Step Count graph.
You can edit your Step Goal by tapping the pencil icon on the top right of the graph, enter a new goal and then tapping the check mark.
Your new step goal will begin the next day.
For further information on how to set up your step tracking, you can read through this article here.
Blood Pressure & Weight Widgets
If you are enrolled in a care program that asks you to enter your latest blood pressure reading or weight in a survey, the blood pressure and weight widgets on the Me tab will help you visualize and keep track of these.
(Left) Blood pressure widget at a glance, (Right) Weight widget at a glance
NOTE: For more information on these widgets, and how to expand them for greater detail and features, please view the following articles:
Blood Sugar Tracking
If you are enrolled in a biometric blood sugar program, you’ll be able to track your blood sugar levels for the current day and previous 6 days, displaying how they compare to the recommended range.
Members enrolled in a program specific to procedure/health dates (such as an upcoming or completed surgery) can add, view and edit these dates within the Me tab.
This ensures the content you receive from your Care Program is in line with the correct stage of your healthcare journey.
You can add dates by tapping the pencil icon next to “Enter Date”, then scrolling through the date picker to select the correct Month, Day, and Year.
You can also edit these dates afterwards by tapping the pencil icon next to the currently displayed date.
For members in the maternity program, you’ll be able to track progress and make updates. You’ll be able to update pregnancy status (whether currently pregnant or delivered), add/update your due date, or unenroll from the program.
When the “My Pregnancy” widget on your “Me” tab displays a red circle notification, you can tap this and enter the relevant dates of your pregnancy (whether you are currently pregnant (Due Date), or if you have already had your baby (Due Date).
Entering these dates accurately will make sure you receive the most relevant program content in relation to the stage of your pregnancy journey.
Please Note: If you have NOT yet delivered, please DO NOT enter a Delivery Date. Content delivered for your personal experience is driven off the dates entered into this section.
Organizing the Me tab
The Me tab provides you with an option to rearrange the order that your health progress widgets are displayed, so you can prioritize which are the most important to you!
NOTE: You cannot remove any of the widgets. Additionally, if you are enrolled in a date-based program (such as maternity or medical procedure programs), you will not be able to move the “dates” widget and it will remain at the top of the Me tab until that program has ended.
To reorder the Me tab widgets:
- Open the Me tab, and tap the “filter” icon on the top right of the app. This will display a list of widget titles, with triple bar icons to the right of each title.
- Press and hold the triple bars icon on the widget you would like to reorder, and drag it into the spot you wish it to move to.
- Once you are happy with the newly arranged order, tap SAVE at the bottom of the app.
- This will return you to the Me tab, where you will see all your health widgets in your newly chosen order.