To enable Automatic Step Tracking on your Android device, you will need to enable permissions in both Wellframe and Google Fit, and ensure that you are using the same Google account for both. Here are troubleshooting steps to take if your steps are not being tracked within the app:
First, confirm automatic tracking is enabled in the app:
- Open Wellframe and make sure you are viewing your Checklist
- In the top right corner, tap the gear icon to open Settings
- Ensure that "Automatic Step Tracking" is toggled to the ON position (it will appear in blue).
Next, confirm that automatic tracking is enabled in Google Fit:
- Open the Google Fit app and tap on the person icon in the bottom right corner that says “Profile”
- Select the gear icon in the top right corner, you should now see “Settings” at the top of the page
- Scroll down to the “Tracking preferences” section
- Under this section, double check that “Track your activities” is turned on. If it is off, tap this section to turn it on.
Lastly, we need to verify that Wellframe and Google Fit are linked via the same Google Account:
- Open the Google Fit app on your Android.
- Tap on the person icon in the top right corner that says “Profile” and select the gear icon in the top left corner, you should now see “Settings” at the top of the page.
- Scroll down to the section called "Google Fit data."
- Tap "Manage connected apps".
- You should see your Google account at the top of the screen. Tap on the down arrow to see other Google accounts. Change to the account you selected during Wellframe permissions flow.
- NOTE: If you select a new account, you may need to set up Google Fit permissions under this account (see above).
Still not working? Try disconnecting and reconnecting Wellframe from Google Fit:
- In the Wellframe app, open Settings and turn off “Automatic Step Tracking”.
- In the Google Fit app, open Settings and scroll down to “Connected apps” and tap to open.
- Tap on Wellframe and then Disconnect.
- Return to the Wellframe app and tap on the Physical Activity task in your checklist to bring up the pop-up windows to accept Google Fit permissions.
Note: When you are asked to Choose an Account for Wellframe in the Google Fit permissions pop-up, be sure to select the same email account as the one that you see in the Google Fit settings if you have more than one email account shown.