The app can track the steps you walk in a day through “automatic” tracking. With automatic tracking, your mobile device will automatically track your steps throughout the day by synching to either the Google Fit or Apple Health app. Setting up this feature is quick and easy!
NOTE: Automatic step counting can only be carried out on the mobile version of our app, and cannot be carried out on a tablet. Tablets do not connect to the respective health apps needed for tracking, only mobile devices.
If you use both the mobile and tablet versions of our app, you will see your step count data update periodically on the tablet app after you access the mobile app.
To initially connect your device to either Google Fit or Apple Health:
- Open the app and make sure you are viewing your Checklist
- Tap on the “Step Count” task
- Tap on “CONNECT NOW” (or if you are no longer interested, tap on “DON’T ASK ME AGAIN”)
- You will then see another prompt asking you to allow Wellframe to connect to the health app on your device (this will be Apple Health for iPhone users, or Google Fit for Android users)
- If you wish to enable them to sync, so that Wellframe can count your steps, tap “CONNECT NOW” (or if you do not wish to sync, tap on “NO THANKS”)
Connecting the app to Google Fit:
*Make sure you have the “Google Fit” app installed on your device.*
When prompted, select your “Google Account” for your device.
Connecting the app to Apple Health for iPhone:
When prompted, tapping “Connect Now” will take you to your Apple Health settings where you can toggle on “Steps”.
Once you are connected to Google Fit or Apple Health, the steps from those apps will automatically Sync to the app.
If you select “NO THANKS” during the initial connection prompt, you can always connect the app at a later point in time by going to “Settings > Step Count” and tap the toggle to turn on “Track with the Apple Health app” or “Track with the Google Fit app”.
Editing your Daily Step Goal:
A daily step goal is typically already configured for you when you start a Care Program with step tracking. If you would like to modify your “daily step goal'', you can do so right in the app!
- Click on your “Step Count” checklist item
- Click on the “pencil” icon next to your STEP GOAL
- Enter your new “step goal”
- Click “SAVE”
NOTE: Your Care Team also has the ability to update your step goal!
Manually Adding/Editing your Daily Step Count:
If you connect the app to Google Fit or Apple Health and are tracking your steps using a device that does NOT currently sync with Apple Health or Google Fit, your step count may appear inaccurate. You can update these steps manually in the app to reflect the accurate step count according to your step tracking device.
If you are not connected to either Google Fit or Apple Health, but would like to record your daily steps from another device, you can add them here as well.
- Click on your “Step count” checklist item
- Click on the “pencil” icon next to the current step count
- Enter the correct number of steps from your device
- Click “SAVE”
NOTE: You also have the option to revert back to the Google Fit or Apple Health count by clicking the “Revert to….” option in the edit screen, after making a change.
Viewing Your Progress:
Checklist Tab: A progress bar will appear on your daily “Step count” checklist item allowing for “at-a-glance” tracking of your goal. The bar updates each time you reload your checklist. NEW
If you click on the checklist item, it will bring you the screen that will show you your current step count and step goal for the day.
Me Tab: To see your past week’s step activity, click on the “Me” tab, and scroll down to the Step Count widget. This displays a graph of the past 7 days of your step activity. You can also edit your goal from this screen by tapping the “pencil” next to the existing goal on the top right corner of the widget.